Monday, July 6, 2009

Scary Situation-Happy 4th of July!

So, we have officially had our first ever pregnancy scare. On Saturday, July 4, we were hanging out at the house and I felt some cramping. I stood up to use the restroom and suddenly felt a gush of blood. After going to the restroom I called for Arie...I needed to go to the ER and quickly. I had lost a lot of blood at this point. Thankfully, our neighbor offered to watch Isaac and we left for the hospital. I called my potential midwife and she said due to the fact that I was both cramping and bleeding that most likely I was miscarrying the baby. We were really scared. As soon as we got the dr we were admitted because Arie knew the doctors and nurses. After four hours of tests, they concluded that the baby is fine and healthy! They think it was some sort of subchorionic bleed (the midwife mentioned it could be this also) and that it should be a one-time deal. I have an appt with an OB tomorrow to make sure everything is progressing normally and to check the baby once again. I am on bed rest for one week, but that's a little tough with a toddler. :-) So, even though it was a scary situation we ended up having a happy 4th of july. At the hospital the ultrasound technician let me have a glimpse of the baby (even though they are not supposed to in the ER) and showed me where the heart was beating. Though I was hysterical in the beginning, something deep inside me knew this little one was okay. It just goes to show how precious life is, and how a pregnancy cannot be taken for granted. I will take it easier from here on out, and keep praying to have a healthy and happy baby come next February. Lots of love...

5 comments:

  1. Went to doctor today, and all looks well. Just gonna take it easy for the next week and go back next Tuesday for follow-up. They did an additional non-diagnostic ultrasound today, and the baby is moving A LOT. :-) They said we have a jumping bean, and I think it was the baby letting us know that everything is okay. Can't be happier...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear all is well. If you need help just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ARIE MARANCENBAUM, MDMarch 28, 2022 at 7:25 PM

    Cheater…


    You are not my family… you are a disgrace to the Marancenbaum last name!!!! You should not keep it… I don’t approve and my family doesn’t approve you having it.
    Cheater!!!


    Change your last name back to Albright!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don’t deserve my last name… go back to Albright!

    ReplyDelete