Thursday, June 25, 2009

Midwives

We are currently in search of our perfect midwife. I am looking for someone that is knowledgeable, yet hands-off. I prefer to have Arie catch our baby and to have our midwife there for support if necessary. We are still debating between homebirth or birth center birth, which will prob come down to cost. I need to call our insurance provider to determine the price differences, although we already know it will cost a bit more than going with a doctor. Regardless of cost, we know that having our baby in a safe and comfortable environment will be better for all of us. So, goodbye Starbucks and extra trips to Target (and maybe even cable tv?), we will be seeing you after we have this little one. :-) Monday we have an appt with Reunion Birth Center in Kingwood, TX. From the looks of it online, I think we will love it! www.reunionmidwives.com

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you and thanks for inviting me to the blog! I love hearing all about pregnancies and babies and births!

    That place looks awesome and if we were to have another one while we are here that is probably where I would go. Only thing I don't like about the room. The toilet is in the open. LOL. But other then that it looks very peaceful and calming and alot like the one I used back home. GL with your appt on Monday!

    ReplyDelete